The aim and
purpose of the Personal Ministries Department is that of serving as an
auxiliary to the ministry in the development of stronger leadership among
church officers, and in the enlisting and training of the entire church in
soul-winning endeavour, in order to hasten the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ,
by preparing for that event.
The duty of
the Personal Ministries Department directors shall be to cooperate with the
conferences and missions, each in his own field, in building up the activities
of the church and promoting tract and missionary work.
of the Personal Ministries Department covers a large field of missionary
endeavours as set forth in various departments leaflets and books, which
- Preparing and promoting the first Sabbath School Personal Ministries services by special programmes
- Fostering the Ten Minute
- Organizing training classes,conducting institutes for training of church officers, lay preachers, and
departmental employees, and any other rallies and conventions as may be considered
- Promoting and organizing the work in the community. This means aid to indigent families; the operation
of Community Services Centres and Units; the work of Dorcas Welfare
Societies; stockpiling of supplies for emergency needs; and, in cooperation
with Civil Defense and Red Cross officials, conducting first aid, home
nursing, rescue, mass feeding and other courses.
- Promoting two financialactivities: Annual Ingathering for Missions, and the Missions Extensions
- Coordinating the services of ADRA throughout the Inter-American Division.