Businessman and President of the Adventist Laypersons’ Services and Industries (ASI), East Jamaica Conference Chapter, Elder Cecil Foster was elected president of ASi Jamaica Union Conference during its Annual General Meeting.
The meeting was held on Sunday December 2, 2018, at the headquarters of the Jamaica Union Conference in Mandeville, Manchester.
The following persons were elected to serve for the next two years:
- Cecil Foster – President
- Judy Morgan – Immediate Past President
- Pancheta Beam – Vice President
- Dr Oral Kirkland – Vice President
- Yvette Scott – Vice President
- Dennis Samuels – Vice President
- Pastor Joseph Smith – Secretary
- Sharon Barrett – Treasurer
- Yvonne Lawson – Public Relations Officer
- David Pryce – Assistant Public Relations Officer
- Gavin Lowe – Projects Coordinator
- Rohan McNellie – Assistant Projects Coordinator
- Lascelles Davis – Evangelism Coordinator
- Samuel Smiley – Assistant Evangelism Coordinator
- Barbara Woolery – Floor Member
- Sharon Blake – Floor Member
- Sherna Reid – Floor Member
The election process was supervised by Pastor Bancroft Barwise, Treasurer of Jamaica Union.
Special thanks were expressed to Mrs. Judy Morgan who gave outstanding service as President for the past six years.
In accepting the responsibility to serve, Mr. Cecil Foster thanked the Board for the confidence reposed in him and pledged to work, with the support of the Board, to continue the outstanding work of ASI Jamaica, in sharing Christ in the marketplace.